How to Recover UniFi Controller Password
Have you lost your password to Unifi controller or forgot it? If the answer is yes than this is the right place you have come to. In this article I will show you step by step process on How to recover UniFi controller password easily. UniFi Controller is a software required to adopt various UniFi devices such as USG, UniFi Access point and UniFi Switch. Make sure to read and follow the article carefully and completely as I’m going to show you how easy it is to recover the lost password for UniFi controller and regain the access to your devices in your controller. So follow along the below given steps.
Try recovering your username/password using Robomongo software You can find the download link below:
For Windows : http://za.gl/ttyeyQNQ
Once you have installed Robomongo please follow the steps below:
Step 1- Start the UniFi controller (To be able to access the database with the password, the Unifi controller must be running. )
Step 2- Start Robomongo Create a new connection in Robomongo, leave all settings as it is except the port which needs to be changed to “27117”. (Name can be set to UniFi) Click on save so that the settings are saved.
Step 3-Select the new connection in the list and click on “Connect” Now you are connected to the UniFi database. In the left panel select ‘ace’. Then right-click on ‘admin’ and select view document. After this you need to go to a website to hash the password.
1) Go here: https://quickhash.com/
2) Select “SHA-512 / crypt(3) / $6$” as the Algorithm
3) Put the desired password as your Input Data (this example uses “password”)
4) Use “9Ter1EZ9$lSt6” as the Salt. 5) Hit “Generate (Over Secure Connection)
5) You will get a hash generated value in the output field. Copy that value and go back to robomongo and replace the generated value with the shadow value then click on save or ok.
6) That is all and you are done. Now try to login to your controller with the old username and the password which you created on quickhash.com. You can also check the video which I have below which shows you the same procedure.
Please comment below if you have any difficulty or email me to email@example.com so I can help you. Hope you liked this tutorial. Please leave a suggestion below in the comment box and subscribe to our blog to get more help and article on the computer and other tech stuff.